Monday, 28 March 2016

Mother's Day in Iran

Mother's Day is celebrated on the 20th day of Jumada al-Thani as Women's Day and Mother's Day in Iran. This is the birth anniversary of Lady Fatima Zahra (peace be upon her), the only daughter of Holy Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) and the wife of the first Imam, Imam Ali (pbuh) to Shia scholars. Mother's Day is celebrated over 150 countries around the world on different days. Lady Fatima (pbuh) was born around 606 A.D.
On these days, husbands thank their wives and children thank their mothers. Shopping malls are busy and crowded, everyone buy gifts for the important women in their lives. Families go to mosques celebrating her birthday with religious songs and birthday cakes! In other saying Birthday of Fatima Zahra (phuh) is an eid which most Muslims celebrate. I couldn't celebrate this Mother's Day in Iran, I wish I could celebrate in Iran but I have celebrated in Turkey where is my country. It was an awesome celebration. I have taken some photos from the celebration. Actually this celebration was my second celebration I joined ^^ Tonight I am also going to other celebration and I am definitely in love with celebrations like those.
Thanks for reading, Happy Mother's Day everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment